Banana Cinnamon Mug Muffin Recipe
The basic Banana Mug Muffin recipe is a breakfast game-changer. The addition of ground flaxseed adds more fiber, nutrients, and texture; adding cacao powder and walnuts makes it taste like a brownie. I like blueberries or pomegranate seeds and orange zest for a citrusy flavor, and using apple pie spice with minced apples mimics apple muffins.
- 1 banana
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 6-10 berries optional
- Mash banana gently in the skin until soft. Careful to keep banana skin intact.
- Combine egg, banana, and cinnamon in a small bowl mixing until smooth. I use my immersion blender.
- Pour the banana egg mixture into a microwave-proof coffee mug.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, add in 30-second increments if needed. The muffin should be firm, not hard.
* Be careful center is HOT. Eat right out of the mug