I am obsessed with this simple and delicious recipe. The grapes are flavorful, versatile and I find they turn what might be ordinary into something special. A friend shared this recipe and swore it was a family favorite. It is deceptively simple to prepare and delivers delicious salmon every time. If you prefer a more savory salmon, substitute cherry tomatoes for grapes.
Baked Salmon with Fennel and Grapes Recipe
- 1.5- pound piece skin-on salmon filet
- 1 bulb thinly sliced fennel
- 1 cup seedless red grapes halved
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 2 oz fresh ginger peeled and diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch hot red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon skin-side down on a heavy parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan and add shallot, stirring until shallot starts to turn golden.
- Add fennel, ginger and hot pepper flakes, sauté for 4-5 minutes until the fennel begins to soften.
- Add sliced grapes, sauté until they begin to soften.
- Pour fennel and grape mixture over salmon and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Let salmon rest for a few minutes before serving. Slice and top with fennel grape mixture.
*The recipe can be multiplied.