Baked Apple Skin Crisps with Orange Zest
I love repurposing apple peels into these addictive little crisps. Apple skin is loaded with fiber, nutrients and vitamins. The next time you have apple leftover apple peels, use this simple recipe to harness the deliciousness.
- 3 cups of apple peels
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 orange peel zested
- Preheat oven 250 degrees
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silat mats
- Combine orange zest, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Toss peels with 1 tsp water and then toss with sugar mixture
- Place peels in a single layer on baking sheets
- Bake for 1-2 hours until curled and crisp
- Cool and enjoy!