Avocado Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Avocados are loaded with fiber, healthy fat, and are low in calories. They make an excellent addition to a power breakfast. All that healthy fat and fiber help us stay fuller longer, supports our gut, and balances blood sugar. Avocado breakfast bowls are more of an assembly than a recipe. You can follow the guidelines but take liberties to use what you have and suit your mood. I like to keep jars of nuts and seeds on hand to sprinkle on my Avocado Breakfast Bowl, and I always have jars of fermented kraut in my refrigerator. Fermented vegetables give an added probiotic punch. I often use leftover salad from the night before as the base for this breakfast. You can easily use pre-bagged arugula, lettuce, or baby spinach as your base. Avocado bowls are a simple formula for a healthy start of the day.
- Avocado: Half a fresh avocado removed from skin and sliced
- Greens: Baby spinach arugula, spring mix, salad of choice
- Protein: 1/2 cup organic tofu hard-boiled egg, nuts, seeds
- Dressing: Good quality olive oil Himalayan sea salt, fresh pepper
- Topper: Fermented slaw or kraut. These can be homemade or purchased near the dairy section in the grocery store.
- Choose a bowl big enough to hold your ingredients.
- Place a layer of greens at the bottom of your bowl.
- Add avocado, and protein if desired
- Top with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sprinkle with nuts or seeds.