Green Tea not only helps with weight loss it is a tonic for beautiful skin.
- Green tea is loaded with polyphenols that provide anti-inflammatory protection for your skin.
- Green tea contains antioxidant catechins which have anti-cancer properties.
- Antioxidants in green tea boost blood flow and oxygen to the skin, delivering key nutrients to help skin elastic and smooth.
Soft Drinks and Sodas age skin because they are loaded with processed sugar and artificial ingredients that cause an inflammatory state in the body which shows up in the skin. Drinking soda is as bad for your skin as smoking.
- Processed sugar is the skins worst enemy because it creates inflammation.
- Artificial ingredients and sweeteners create inflammation and end up stored in soft tissue in the body.
- Inflammation makes any skin condition worse.
- Many dark sodas contain coloring that reacts with proteins, lipids and nucleic acids in almost all skin cells, contributing to and possibly accelerating the aging process.
Health Hack: If you are having a hard time giving up soda use this trick. Take your soda and pour half in a glass, fill to the top with club soda. This feels like you are still drinking your soda but helps you adjust to the less sweet taste without going cold turkey.
Health Hack: Make pitchers of Sencha Green Tea, flavor with lemon and a bit of honey for a new refreshing beverage.