Avocados are rich in healthy fats, vitamins and antioxidants that can improve your skin from the inside out with their antioxidant & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Loaded with antioxidant carotenoid which is shown to improve skin density, thickness and general appearance.
- High in Vitamin C, helping to create elastin and collagen to maintain skins firmness & structure.
- High in vitamin E, preventing free radical damage that leads to premature aging of skin.
- Moisturizing monounsaturated fatty acids help to maintain moisture in the epidural layer of skin, keeping it soft and supple.
Protein, Power & Cereal Bars are in many cases vitamin and protein infused candy bars. They can contain more than twice the amount of sugar, fat and carbohydrates as a chocolate brownie.
- Whey and soy isolate proteins can have oxidized fats contributing to inflammation in the body and premature aging of the skin.
- High amounts of sugar suppress the immune system, limiting the body’s ability to fight bad bacteria and contributing to acne and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Inexpensive synthetic vitamins and artificial ingredients are often added. Chemical additives are difficult for the body to process creating inflammatory and histamine reactions. Worse they are stored in soft tissue!
Health Hack: Avocados travel well in their tough skins, bring one to work or eat at home for a simple lunch. Take a knife and cut around the avocado the lengthwise, divide in ½. Store the ½ with the pit for later use. Use a fork to mash the avocado in its skin, add a sprinkle of salt and eat straight or on a healthy cracker.